Date: Mar 3, 2018 08:30 AM - 04:30 AM
Registration closes on Feb 28, 2018 01:00 PM
The University of South Carolina College of Pharmacy is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
Requirements for CE Credit
Registration closes on Feb 28, 2018
at 01:00 PM
- Define types of allergic reactions.
- Explain signs/symptoms of each type of allergic reaction.
- Apply knowledge of type of hypersensitivity reaction to decision-making as to whether patients can receive a given medication.
- Discuss common medication cross-sensitivities of which pharmacists should be mindful.
- Describe the history, epidemiology, causes, symptoms and diagnosis of rabies virus.
- Recommend pharmaceutical interventions for the prevention of rabies virus transmission.
- Develop a treatment plan for a pediatric patient exposed to rabies virus.
Caitlin Lozorak, PharmD
- Review the epidemiology of pediatric ingestions.
- Recognize signs and symptoms associated with specific toxidromes and medication classes.
- Describe therapeutic interventions and antidotes for common ingestions.
- Identify appropriate resources that can be utilized in management of ingestions.
- Discuss unique characteristics and epidemiology of early onset sepsis in a neonate.
- Discuss the reason and need for the revision to the American Academy of Pediatrics Clinical Report on the Management of Early Onset Sepsis.
- Differentiate the management between early onset sepsis in preterm and term neonates, describing some of the revisions in the upcoming American Academy of Pediatrics Clinical Report.
- Interpret laboratory identifiers of pediatric sepsis
- Analyze diagnostic test results to confirm the diagnoses of UTIs in pediatrics
- List appropriate empiric antibiotics for empiric treatment of meningitis in the pediatric patient
Andrew Gainey, PharmD
- Discuss the background and diagnosis of immune thrombocytopenia (ITP).
- Define and understand the differences between acute and chronic ITP.
- Review medication management strategies for ITP.
- Discuss alternative therapy for non-responsive patients with ITP.