This CE activity is a monograph (PDF file).
- Pharmacists, Nurse Practitioners, Clinical Nurse Specialists, and Registered Nurses
This CE activity was developed by The Rx Consultant, a publication of Continuing Education Network, Inc.
CE activities for Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians:
This continuing education (CE) activity meets the requirements of all state boards of pharmacy for approved continuing education hours. CE credit is automatically reported to CPE Monitor.
CE activities for Nurse Practitioners and Clinical Nurse Specialists:
This continuing education activity meets the requirements of:
The American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) for formally approved continuing education (CE) hours, and CE hours of pharmacotherapeutics.
The American Academy of Nurse Practitioners Certification Program (AANPCP) for acceptable, accredited CE.
This is a pharmacotherapeutics/pharmacology CE activity.
Continuing Education Network, Inc. is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
Requirements for CE Credit
- Summarize the legal considerations that surround marijuana and hemp plants. Describe the major active ingredients of both plants and explain how their physiological effects differ.
- State the potential clinical uses for cannabidiol (CBD), including the products that have been FDA-approved for certain indications. Discuss the clinical evidence to support the use of nonprescription CBD products.
- Discuss safety concerns with nonprescription CBD products, including potential drug interactions.
- Counsel a patient on what to look for in a nonprescription CBD product before purchasing it.
Release Date: Apr 22, 2019
Credit Expiration Date: Apr 22, 2022
The CE Activity developed by The Rx Consultant