Target Audience: Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians involved with in sterile compounding.
Core Competencies for Sterile Compounding Personnel – 1 hour
Description: This activity will review the personnel competency requirements outlined in USP <797> and provide participants with a clear understanding of how to complete and assess these competency requirements in pharmacy practice.
Cleaning Basics for Sterile Compounding Personnel – 1 hour
Description: This activity will provide an overview of the cleaning requirements outlined in USP <797>. Participants will be presented with information related to the frequency of cleaning, selecting the appropriate cleaning solutions, methods to verify cleaning is completed properly, and documentation strategies.
Minimum Computer Requirements for Live Webinar with Adobe Connect:
- Broadband internet connection, such as T1, Cable, or high-speed DSL.
- Before enrolling in this program, please test your internet connection. It is important that you take this test on the same computer and network you will be using the day of the live presentation.
- One of the following internet browsers: Internet Explorer 7.0 or higher; Mozilla Firefox 3.0 or higher; Safari 1.1 or higher; Google Chrome
- Computer speakers or headphones connected to your computer.
- Adobe Flash Player. Click here for a free download of the latest version.
- Tablets and smartphones are not supported at this time.
- Adobe Connect supports Windows, Mac OS, and Linux operating systems, but does not support Chrome OS at this time.
Future Live Webinars:
1. Preventing Medication Errors in Sterile Compounding –
This program is targeted for pharmacists and pharmacy technicians involved with sterile compounding. This program will discuss frequently occurring errors in sterile compounding as well as strategies for preventing these errors.
2. Hazardous Drugs
All Customer service questions should be directed to the SCCP CE office at 803-777-9979.
Pharmacy Technician: $30
Please note fees will show as "Learning Express" on credit card statement.
To obtain credit: Participants must login to the webinar on a smartphone, tablet or computer to view the presentation and participate in the entire session to obtain credit. A session code will be provided on screen as part of the activity. Following the presentation, participants must return to the activity link using their user ID and password as well as session code to complete the speaker and activity evaluation. An accurate NABP id number as well as day/month of birth must be entered for CPE credit to be transferred to CPE Monitor. All claims for CPE credit must be submitted within 60 days from the webinar.
To register with or look up your NABP E-Id, please click on the CPE Monitor logo below to be directed to their site.